Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Love that is greater than the pain of labor

Love that is greater than the pain of labor




I visited one of my friends who delivered a baby.



She already had two sons, and the third child was also a boy.



I was greatly shocked that the baby weighed 10.4lb,and what surprised me most was her belly that didn't shrink.



When I asked her if it was tolerable, she just replied with a smile.



Thinking of raising that child, it made me worried.However, my friend said that she was just so happy to have her child.



She loves children so much, but I began to think how great she was.



Recalling the memories, like warriors after a war, all the visitors began to tell the story of their experiences of delivery. Their circumstances were all different, but the thing that they all had in common wast hat they all survived through a life-or-death crisis. Though they made resolutions that they won’t deliver another child, they delivered the second child.



Thinking of my own delivery, I shook my head.



Not only I was very skinny, but had the worst anemia.Having the blood transfusion I tried to give birth by inducing labor, and I fainted so many times because the child was rather big. My mother couldn't just stand and watch, so she asked if I could have cesarean. But the doctor recommended trying harder since I've been through all the labor. With difficulty, I finally had an easy, or I could say not an easy delivery.



Seeing my child just born, my husband said that the child’s skin was so fair and was beautiful that she didn't look like she was just born. He said that the child resembled him so much that he found his child right away, among many other children, saying that he couldn't understand why they get confused with children. I remember that I gave him a wipe that time, saying that he was a crow.



Not only it was difficult to deliver, but it was much more difficult to raise my children born a year apart. It all seems like it happened yesterday, but it’s been more than ten years.



All mothers would sympathize with the pain of labor,and the love nurturing children.



That is why they say that “Women are weak, but mothers are strong.”



For 6000 long years, our Heavenly Mother considers labor pains that shake the whole world, as a joy, and going through the time of oblivion, She nurtures Her children.


I truly deeply give thanks to Heavenly Mother for making me realize a bit of Heavenly Mother’s great love, by allowing me to live as a woman and a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment